internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] The Two Towers premier?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Linda Watson <linda AT lindawatson.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] The Two Towers premier?
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 22:43:21 -0500

At 10:08 AM 12/19/2002 -0500, Kelly Jo wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2002, Linda Watson wrote:
->>
->>Try finding a lot of gay and lesbian titles there.
->
->There's a whole category on the main page for Gay and Lesbian titles. [...]

Sure, there's a whole category, with a lot of films leading to "this film
is not available for rent" - but you can buy it online! Imagine. Not
stocking the film for rent but having it for sale. Seems silly to me.

Do you mean on Netflix? I've never seen this before. I just paged through a hundred or so G&L films but they all had the "rent" button associated with them.

->Between Blockbuster and Netflix, it's hard to imagine being able to succeed
->with an independent rental outlet.

I moan for a VisArt in Raleigh, yet again.

There is a great place in Chatham Square in Cary that rents Indian tapes and DVDs for very little money. They have many films with English subtitles. It's a great resource for those of us blown away by Devdas.

... Linda

Cheers
KJ