internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] free animated gif tool?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jason Laughlin <jason AT jasonlaughlin.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] free animated gif tool?
  • Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 01:30:32 -0500

I was going to recommend my all around favorite freeware image program Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com) for the color manipulations, but then I realized that Irfanview lets you extract and pull apart GIFs, but not put them back together.

This site, http://www.zisman.ca/Animate/, recommends using IrfanView with an app called unFREEz (http://hotfiles.zdnet.com/cgi-bin/texis/swlib/hotfiles/info.html?fcode=60098&b=adesk) to create the animation.

GIF Construction Set Professional (shareware) seems to offer a solid feature set: http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html
It was recommended by this site: http://www.bakker.org/cfm/graphics05.htm which also includes instructions on using ImageMagick (http://www.imagemagick.org/) to create animated gifs.

Jason