internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: David Minton <dminton AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] yet another home repair question
  • Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 17:01:17 -0500

Here is the official Durham City guide to composting:

http://www.ci.durham.nc.us/departments/solid/wr_compost.asp

I believe that insect life is part of the composting process. My pile is far
enough from my house in the back yard that I don't notice any insects
outside of the pile (if there are any).

I also added a large bag (something like 30lb) of cow manure to help my
compost pile get started. The bag cost about $3 at the garden supply store.

Other things to remember is are to keep the pile moist, and to turn the pile
to mix up the stuff.

David