internetworkers - [internetworkers] November Gathering - Joe & Jo's - Durham

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: inet-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] November Gathering - Joe & Jo's - Durham
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 00:28:29 -0500

It's that time again! (Actually a little past that time, sorry for the late announcement.) The InterNetWorkers community gathering takes place in Durham this month at Joe & Jo's Downtown, Durham's best new bar & grill.

What: Triangle InternetWorkers Gathering
When: Thursday, November 7, 2002 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: Joe & Jo's Downtown
417 West Main Street - at Durham's 5-Points
919-688-3322
Why: The days are getting shorter, nights are getting longer
Brighten yourself up with friends at InterNetWorkers

Joe & Jo's Downtown opened just this year in Durham's Five Points neighborhood. I'll bet some of you didn't even know Durham had a Five Points, did you? It is actually just a few blocks from Brightleaf Square, on the other side of the old Chesterfield factory. If you've been to the gargantuan Book Exchange, you've been to Five Points.

Despite its recent appearance on the scene, Joe & Jo's is a classic urban bar. Joe & Jo are in fact the owners: they have created a warm and friendly environment with good beer and great bar food. (This author personally endorses their Patty Melt.) They're giving us their dining room for the evening. Read more and find a map here:
http://triangle.citysearch.com/profile/13325643/

Hope you'll join us. As usual, please email me if you're coming so I can give Joe an estimate of how many InterNetWorkers to expect.

TaB