internetworkers - [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #74 - 11 msgs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Steve Steele" <Steve AT mindbenderstudios.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #74 - 11 msgs
  • Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 20:20:09 -0400

Looking for advice.

I've recently been tasked to map a website that is managed by a whole bunch
of people. There has been bad folder structure lumped on top of bad folder
structure for a number of years now. Pages on serves people forgot are still
live. The goal is to determine how bad things really are in order to develop
a plan for a re-design. My question is, does anyone know of an application
that can map a site and provide the following data: Link paths, broken
links,
page name, file type, (i.e. html, PDF & doc)?

I've been playing with Black Widow but it doesn't seem to able to
distinguish
between links within a URL and external links. Any recommendations would be
appreciated.

Steve S.
steve AT mindbenderstudios.com

  • [internetworkers] RE: InterNetWorkers digest, Vol 1 #74 - 11 msgs, Steve Steele, 10/04/2002