internetworkers - Re: Fwd: Re: [internetworkers] Farnsworth - Television day, Sept 7th

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: [internetworkers] Farnsworth - Television day, Sept 7th
  • Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 13:40:55 -0400

At 12:32 PM 8/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
How far society has advanced (or declined) thanks to the development of TV.
There's a clip I saw of Farnsworth on the old Gary Moore, "I've Got A Secret" program. The blindfolded panel trying to figure who the mystery guest (Farnsworth) was, asked if he was a psychologist. The low-keyed Farnsworth smiled, said he wasn't,, but that you might need one if you saw his invention. This was in 1955.
I may have a copy of that clip here. I wonder if it could be played on the screens? ...in between the ball games! ...not! What am I thinking :-)

Here's a link to said clip, courtesy of BoingBoing:

http://boingboing.net/2002_07_01_archive.html#85293890

Things were very different 45 years ago....

TaB