internetworkers - Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Car shopping *NOW WITH long rant!!*
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:16:09 -0400

In light of your specifications, you might want to look at the Honda
Insight. It gets the highest EPA mileage of any currently available new
car. It runs on unleaded gas (still easier to find than Diesel). It has
very high range; maybe something like 600 miles between fill-ups. It has
all the standard safety features - dual front airbags, ABS brakes, front
crush zone, steel door beams, etc. And it's made by Honda, and IMHO it
looks kinda cool in a George Jetson kind of way.

Does anybody in Internetworker land own one and care to share personal
experiences about it?

- Bill