internetworkers - Re: "amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: john AT radiomind.com (John Beimler)
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: "amount of tolerance for going to the bathroom"
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 10:32:07 -0400

commence quotation from Josep L. Guallar-Esteve <jlguallar AT maduixa.net> [on
020607 10:21]:

> (quote)
>
> In an interview with [INSIDE] Magazine, Turner Broadcasting CEO Jamie
> Kellner
> voiced this opinion on the issue: "[T]he ad skips . . .. It's theft. Your
> contract with the network when you get the show is you're going to watch
> the
> spots. Otherwise you couldn't get the show on an ad-supported basis. Any
> time
> you skip a commercial or watch the button you're actually stealing the
> programming."
>
> [...]
> (end quote)
> [...]
> Josep (who skips ads with his low-tech, still legal VCR)

I have found this argument about the digital recorders and skips very
funny, since a VCR I owned a while back had a 30 second fast forward
button. Doesn't take any high tech to skip commercials. I think my
current commercial skipping would irritate them even more, I just don't
watch much commercial TV at all any more. Whats better, me skipping
commercials, or just not watching at all? :)

Peace.

john