internetworkers - Re: UML tool recommendation needed

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Heather Hesketh <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: UML tool recommendation needed
  • Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 13:02:33 -0400

At 12:48 PM 5/31/2002 -0400, Kate Johnson wrote:

>I looked at Rational Rose'e eval software and the learning curve
>appeared too steep for the time frame I have.

TogetherSoft's Control Center has an /excellent/ reputation:

http://www.togethersoft.com/products/controlcenter/index.jsp

In the spirit of full disclosure, TogetherSoft /is/ a client of hesketh.com, but that's not why I'm mentioning them. I mention them because their market share has grown primarily through grassroots adoption of the tool and developers I've known who use and/or have evaluated the product really like it. They say it's more intuitive than Rational Rose and a better tool for use across the development team, where Rose is mostly a favorite of the person designing the system and not managers or programmers.

Heather

---
Heather A. Hesketh http://www.hesketh.com
CEO vox: 919.834.2552 x12
hesketh.com/inc. fax: 919.834.2554

Up to $20 billion per year is being left on the table.
Read User Experience as Corporate Imperative.
http://www.hesketh.com/proof/white_papers/