internetworkers - Re: e-cycling

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Cindy Bird <cbird AT bridgeit.com>
  • Subject: Re: e-cycling
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:30:17 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Paula,

Orange County seems to be getting involved in recycling. They held a
collection this weekend --
"Computer and Electronics Recycling Collection to be held April 27"
http://www.co.orange.nc.us/OCCLERKS/prsrls.htm#electrecycle
Another is scheduled for July 27, and I think they plan to set up dropoff
for more continuous service, if everything works out well.

I'm copying Cindy Bird, an RTPnet Board member who recently contacted
Orange County to see if RTPnet could get any good, usable machines. That
seems like a possibility. Hopefully, people will be able to take in used
equipment. Anything usable can be fixed up and put back into use. And
Orange County will properly dispose of the real junk.

Cindy's already interested in seeing if similar arrangements can be worked
out with Durham, Wake, and Chatham counties.

Also, see http://www.rtpnet.org/recycle/

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.RTPnet.org/)

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002 Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:

> Re: an older thread, I came across these links re: "e-cycling"
> (recycling electronics, for real, not just by sending them to China):
>
> http://www.mde.state.md.us/was/recycle/ecycling/default.asp
>
> http://www.epa.gov/reg3wcmd/eCycling.htm
>
> http://www.epa.gov/reg3wcmd/eCycling_recyclers_list.htm
>
> The last link is a list of recyclers, or really a list 'o lists.....
> personally, I think that all geeks should promote the responsible
> recycling & disposal of tech just as much as we promote its use. To do
> otherwise is beyond irresponsible.
>
> Paula the lurker

> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: hallman AT email.unc.edu

  • e-cycling, Childers . Paula, 04/29/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: e-cycling, Judy Hallman, 04/29/2002