internetworkers - RE: People moving out of the Triangle?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'InterNetWorkers'" <internetworkers AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: People moving out of the Triangle?
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:03:26 -0400

Another possibility is that they keep building apartment buildings. They
are just finishing a monstrous new luxury apartment complex called
Alexan Place right behind my back yard (I tell ya, it was fun last fall
waking up to earth moving equipment rumbling 50 feet from my bedroom
window at 7:00 am making the windows rattle! Also, construction workers
starting at 6:50 am every day, including Sundays and Holidays. Busiest
hammering was on Thanksgiving Day no less! Is NOTHING sacred anymore??).
There are plenty of other new or nearly new apartment complexes in my
corner of Durham - Alexan Farms and whatever-that-thing-is-called at the
corner of Farrington Road. Also, if you drive down the newly opened
stretch of MLK from Durham to RTP, there are plenty of brand spanking
new apartment buildings sprouting out of the ground. It really begs the
question why they are in such a hurry to build them when nobody is
renting them. That monstrosity behind my house started leasing
apartments in January, and I heard from our property manager that they
have rented a whopping 9 units by now (though don't quote me on that
exact number).

- Bill

Bill Geschwind
Technical Assistance Manager
Department of Technology and Systems Support
Division of Student Affairs, University of N. Carolina at Chapel Hill
03 Teague Hall, CB# 5510 (919) 962-5629
Chapel Hill, NC 27599 geschwin AT email.unc.edu