internetworkers - Re: Giving BellSouth the shaft-- Alternative home phone solutions?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Calvin Powers <calvin AT cspowers.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Giving BellSouth the shaft-- Alternative home phone solutions?
  • Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2002 20:40:26 -0500

At 07:06 AM 3/6/2002 -0500, you wrote:

My wife and I use Sprint, but also have reception problems. Its fine
upstairs and on the porches, but fades in and out downstairs. The problem with
using only a cell phone is the cost. With the plan I'm on, its 7 cents a minute for both long distance and local calls, and if you go over the plan, its $1 a minute! Sure, they give you a huge amount of off peak minutes, but they've redefined off peak to be after 9PM, and I don't do much talking on the phone then.

On top of that, the customer service and billing is horrible. I just changed plans, and they billed me $150 for "canceling" the old plan. They also have been double billing me for "voice command", and every time I complain they turn off the feature and continue to bill me.

Oy! What a nightmare. I haven't had trouble with customer service like you have, but my reception is almost exactly like yours.

When my contract is up in April, I'm gonna start shopping around again and my #1 criteria is going to be how good the reception is in the neighborhood.

Calvin Powers current events
mailto:calvin AT cspowers.com cultural phenomena
http://www.cspowers.com/ true stories
"The revolution will not be televised." http://www.StuckInTraffic.com/

  • Re: Giving BellSouth the shaft-- Alternative home phone solutions?, Calvin Powers, 03/06/2002