internetworkers - Re: internetworkers digest: November 18, 2001

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: internetworkers digest: November 18, 2001
  • Date: 19 Nov 2001 08:31:25 -0500

I don't think I'll be too upset about this in the short term. I mean
I'm a freedom lover as well as the next guy, but lets not give them the
blueprints until we've covered our basis. I wasn't dying to read that
report anyhow. There is a point where practical concerns outweigh the
theoretical civil liberties. The truth of the matter is that the US is
not setup to defend against someone flying a crop duster over the city
reservoirs and dumping something in them. So it would stand to reason
that at least in the short term we wouldn't want a comprehensive survey
being easy reading. It the long term I'd get upset about it...but not
at the moment. (especially since its probably pretty dry reading I
would guess).

-Andy

--
www.superlinksoftware.com