internetworkers - RE: AOL

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Joanna Wolfe (919)677-0977" <wolfe AT oup-usa.org>
  • To: Robert Weeks <robert AT designhammer.com>, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: AOL
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 09:29:15 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, I have AOheLl.

It was the easiest way to get my folks on line, so I bit the bullet and got
an account so I can do tech support for them.

AOL has a million different options. There's the standard unlimited - but
lesser known is that you can get your ISP/DSL connection and for like $5 use
them for your email (since you aren't using their modem pool). Also, since
they have a login web interface, even if you are without a computer, you can
beg, borrow and steal access through a friend, cyber cafe, or any PC laying
around, without having to have the whole kit and kaboodle installed.

Yes, it's annoying - but convenient when you are in the UK or Caribbean.

They also have other plans where you can get 5, 10, 20 hours a month at the
reduced rate from the unlimited access fees.

Regards,
Joanna

>Hi,
>
>Is anyone on the list using AOL? I was wondering how the service is these
>days....... (I can't believe I'm asking/considering this....)
>
>I'm trying to find an ISP who provides satellite access to Bahama, NC and so
>far the choices look like Earthlink or AOL. I'd go with Earthlink but the
>equipment costs are considerably higher. I've never been a fan of AOL so
>this is turning into a very tough choice.
>
>If anyone has any experience with this, or knows of another ISP serving the
>Durham/Bahama area with satellite access please drop me an email. Some of
>the previous replies I got from this list were lost on a machine which went
>down recently, so if you wrote me before I'd appreciate hearing from you
>again.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Robert Weeks
>

>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: wolfe AT oup-usa.org
>$subst('Email.Unsub')

  • AOL, Robert Weeks, 11/01/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • RE: AOL, Joanna Wolfe (919)677-0977, 11/01/2001