internetworkers - Re: multimedia spam!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: multimedia spam!
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:24:40 -0500

Steven Champeon wrote:
> Does she happen to include any pointers to info on how we who are mail
> administrators can block all mail of that kind from our servers? I get
> enough spam as it is, without the file sizes suddenly ballooning.

I don't know what's happening, but the amount of spam I'm getting has
mushroomed in the last few weeks. I delete upwards of 15 spams every
morning, and they trickle in all day.

I also wonder if it's possible that HTML spam isn't making matters
worse, because every time one opens in my "preview" pane it hits a web
server someplace and tells them they have a live email address.

It's getting to be more than a minor annoyance.

TaB