internetworkers - Holy Grail, further info and directions

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Gina Norman <gina AT vnet.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Holy Grail, further info and directions
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 11:10:00 -0400 (EDT)

Ok --

I have directions to share for getting to the Carolina Theatre in Durham,
where we shall be seeing Monty Python and the Holy Grail at 7:00 pm
tomorrow, Wed., Oct. 3.

Thou shalt meet me outside the theatre at 6:30, no more, no less.
Six-thirty shall be the time of the meeting, and the time of the meeting
shall be 6:30. At six thou shalt not meet me, neither meet me at five,
excepting that thou doest plan on hanging around until 6:30. Six Forty-Five
is right out. Once 6:30 has been reached, we shall proceed to the lobby to
purchase tickets.

You're on your own for food due to tight timing (I am planning on hitting
Chick-fil-A .... mmmmmmmmmm). According to the theatre we don't need to
worry about advanced tickets.

See you there!

-Gina

Here are directions (and parking info):
**
>From I-40 EAST (Raleigh, Cary, Wilmington): Take Durham Freeway exit (Hwy.
147 North) for approximately 5 miles. Take exit #12-B (Roxboro St./Mangum
St.) and turn Right at first traffic light onto Roxboro St., following signs
for Downtown. Bear left onto the Downtown Loop (Morgan St.). (There'll be a
sign overhead.) Carolina Theatre is 4 blocks on the left at the corner of
Morgan St. and Morris St. The parking deck that's right across Morgan St.
from the theatre has a big waterfall thing on it...
**
>From Highway 15-501 North: When highway divides near South Square Mall, take
Hwy. 15-501 Bypass North/Duke University. Follow for approximately 4 miles
to I-85 North. Continue on I-85 North for approximately 3 miles. Take
"Durham Downtown" exit, Exit #177-A. Follow directions for I-85 above. The
parking deck that's right across Morgan St. from the theatre has a big
waterfall thing on it...
**
>From I-85 NORTH or SOUTH: Hwy. 70: Take "Durham Downtown" exit, Exit #177-A
and follow Hwy. 15-501 Business South (Mangum St.) for approximately 1 mile.
Turn Right onto Morgan St. Carolina Theatre is 3 blocks on the left at the
corner of Morgan St. and Morris St.

**
>From I-40 WEST (Burlinton, Greensboro): Take Exit #279-B and continue on
Durham Freeway (Hwy. 147 North) for approximately 5 miles. Take exit #12-B
(Roxboro St./Mangum St.) and turn Right at first traffic light onto Roxboro
St., following signs for Downtown. Bear left onto the Downtown Loop (Morgan
St.). (There'll be a sign overhead.) Carolina Theatre is 4 blocks on the
left at the corner of Morgan St. and Morris St.
**
PARKING: Take advantage of the convenient, Durham Civic Centre parking
garage (with the big waterfall thing on it...)
on Morgan St. across from The Carolina Theatre. After 8 pm and on weekends &
holidays, event parking is $2 on a pay-as-you-leave basis. Vouchers can be
purchased from the box office for a $1 discount.

Gina Norman
Senior Manager, Intranet Governance
Nortel Networks
ginanorm AT nortelnetworks.com
919/905-4801 (ESN 355)

  • Holy Grail, further info and directions, Gina Norman, 10/02/2001