internetworkers - Hot Toddy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: B <beeline AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Hot Toddy
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 23:35:21 -0400

It's nice and cool tonight, so I decided to make a hot toddy. It is
**so** good that I am compelled to share:

1 cup of freshly made (unspiced) hot black tea -- I used Twinnings'
Prince of Wales -- brewed with 1 Cardamom pod. Fill the cup a little
less than 2/3 to brew; it's best if you use filtered water heated to
simmering, rather than to a full boil.

While brewing the tea, heat enough Half&Half to fill 1/3 of your tea cup

to almost simmering. (You could use cream, if you were trying to seduce
someone, or needed an extra comforting comfort drink.) I left the
Cardamom in the cup.

add and dissolve 2 large teaspoons (to taste) of brown sugar

add 1 dose of good dark rum -- Pusser's, for example

add the hot Half&Half to fill.

Sit back and sip, and say "ummmmmm...."

--
"B"ing mobile