internetworkers - re: New Star Trek Debuts Tonight!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Linda Watson <linda AT lindawatson.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: New Star Trek Debuts Tonight!
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 12:00:25 -0400

Michael S Czeiszperger said:

At 8PM on UPN tonight we'll be treated to the premier of Enterprise, the
latest entry in the Star Trek television dynasty. [...]
This means no
Federation rules, no fancy technology saving the day, and no spandex
uniforms. [...]

Looks like the Science Officer goes to the same tailor as Seven of Nine.
And the same plastic surgeon.

My personal preference in sci-fi television runs towards DS9 and B5, and
after watching the trailers have rather low expectations for this new series.

IMHO, it was not very good but not so terrible as to support the axiom that
each new Star Trek spin off is worse that the last. Bright spot: lots of
fresh Klingon to warm one up for Trinoc*coN.

FarScape (SciFi at 9:00 Fridays) is the best show since years 1-4 of B5.
I'd be delighted to find something better (other than The West Wing).

... Linda