internetworkers - Party in Chapel Hill This Saturday [July 28, 2001]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • Subject: Party in Chapel Hill This Saturday [July 28, 2001]
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:25:20 -0400

In an effort to shake off the summer doldrums, the orange room will be hosting another soiree.
Please dew drop inn. Anytime after 9:00 p.m. would be fine.
There will be present a deliciously wicked mystery import keg.
Please bring whatever additional food and liquor you might desire.
Hopefully there will be disco dancing.
The theme is "I'm Pretty When I'm Drunk!" Do with that whatever you choose.
The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, and so on and so forth...

900 E. Franklin St. #A -- Chapel Hill, NC -- 919.932.6992

*Legal* parking on Deming Road (which is one block down the hill on the left).

*Illegal* parking on Roosevelt Drive (the party location is at the juncture of Franklin St. and Roosevelt Drive). *overwhelming local tow trucks thru sheer mass*

Directions from the East (i.e. Durham, Cary, Raleigh, etc):

1. Get onto HWY 15-501 (usually via I-40) and take it towards Chapel Hill.
2. From the point where I-40 and 15-501 meet, you will drive approximately four (4) miles and pass thru five (5) lights before you are presented with a fork in the road.
3. TAKE THE RIGHT FORK ONTO EAST FRANKLIN STREET.
4. Once on Franklin St., you will drive approximately three (3) miles and pass thru three (3) lights (the last stoplight intersection being Estes Drive).
5. Now you will be climbing the big hill into town. Midway up the hill on your right, you will first pass Elizabeth St. and then Deming Road (legal parking).
6. SLOW DOWN NOW! because you have to make a treacherous ~130 degree LEFT TURN onto ROOSEVELT DRIVE.
7. Once on Roosevelt, you want the first house/driveway on the LEFT.

Directions from the West (i.e. Carrboro, Pittsboro, Charlotte, etc):

1. Get onto Franklin St. however you see fit. Take it towards Durham.
2. After you pass the Morehead Planet-arium on your RIGHT, you will drive approximately one and a half (1 1/2) miles and pass thru two (2) lights.
3. You will pass Glendale Drive on your RIGHT and then you will pass
Davie Circle on your RIGHT (Davie Cir. sign has been stolen!).
4. Now you must prepare for THE BAT EXIT. (Otherwise known as, "a 45 degree RIGHT HAND TURN ONTO ROOSELVELT DRIVE).
5. Once on Roosevelt, you want the first house/driveway on the LEFT.

Mapquest .gif stolen, re-used, and re-distributed without permission.
Also see: <http://www.ibiblio.org/matusiak/sat072801.html>