internetworkers - RE: MS How-To-Disable Smart Tags

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Paula Paul" <Paula AT PaulSoftware.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: MS How-To-Disable Smart Tags
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 12:44:29 -0400

Hmmm. What about people who choose to have a certain set of smart tags
enabled? Users can control which smart tag handlers are enabled or
disabled (any or none).

IMHO, I (as a web developer) wouldn't want to force my opinions on users
by disabling smart tags via meta tags. Since I (as a user) choose which
smart tag handlers to enable and disable, it would kinda irk me if web
developers presumed I did not want to use my smart tags.

Just a thought...