internetworkers - Re: Theremin concert and film this weekend

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerz.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Theremin concert and film this weekend
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 16:54:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 6 Jun 2001, Paul Jones wrote:

> Theremin. at least one internetworker owns and plays a theremin.

Erm. Hi? There's someone else? Cool.

> This weekend, Theremin master Eric Ross will perform at a showing of
> Theremin: an Electronic Odyssey also being shown in the evening is
> Theremin scored classic "The Day The Earth Stood Still" at the NC Museum
> of Art in Rawlee.
>
> "Good Vibrations! Celebrating the Theremin"
> With theremin master Eric Ross
> Followed by The Day the Earth Stood Still
> June 8-9, 8 p.m.
> "Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey?
> Theremin talk and demonstration
> Followed by documentary Theremin: An Electronic Odyssey
> Saturday, June 9, 2 p.m.
> Grass Passes not valid for these events.
>
> a review of Theremin:
> http://www.film.com/film-review/1995/9541/29/default-review.html

I believe there's a nominal (meaning $5 or less) charge for either of the
two events.

The world music store Music Explorium in Carrboro is a Big Briar
dealer, and will have theremins and related paraphenalia (tshirts, coffee
mugs) for demonstration and for sale before and after both the events.

Music Explorium:
http://www.musicexplorium.com

Big Briar (Bob Moog's electronics business in Asheville NC)
http://www.bigbriar.com/

Eric Ross's website:
http://www.geocities.com/theremin_eross/

General information on the instrument:
http://www.thereminworld.com/

regards,
Steve
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com
http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett