internetworkers - Re: 10 myths about privacy

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Edward Wesolowski <ids AT idisplay.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: 10 myths about privacy
  • Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 14:45:35 -0400

And, in today's paper, the N&O take on the sessions Paul Jones attended: http://www.newsobserver.com/monday/business/technology/Story/500806p-500540c.html
Paul:
Thanks for the alternative perspective. I like having another view, from this side of the street. The privacy issue is a tangle in my own mind. My memory of the Scott McNeally comment, was that it was something like "Privacy, you don't have any privacy. Get over it!." My memory is that I heard him say it in some televised forum and the flip remark made me laugh. It isn't funny, though, but I worry that the issue falls into the area of 'things I can't control.' The buzz in retailing I hear is CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and one-to-one selling. I guess this is the techno version of the cracker barrel store clerk knowing his customer 's crops were bad that year or some personal information about the customer. Do I have to have an opinion on this?
Ed Wesolowski
edwes AT idisplay.com
919-960-0023