internetworkers - Re: Autres Unix, autres moeurs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Josep L. Guallar-Esteve" <jlguallar AT maduixa.net>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Autres Unix, autres moeurs
  • Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:10:13 -0400

"Diane M. Kurilecz" wrote:

> http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/dmr/otherunix.html

At my last job in Barcelona, all our fire stinguishers were of the UNIX
brand.

Unfortunately, someone decided to dump the AIX servers in favour of NT
servers.

But after a couple of years of experiencing the unexperienced (you know
what I mean, a very different approach to uptime, virus alerts,
reliability, increase of IT manpower and such) now they are considering
dumping NT servers for Linux servers. See, all those years of Linux
evangelization had become successful, at least after I left!

Unix will prevail! Resistence is Futile! Use UNIX fire stingishers!

All the best,
Josep Lluis

--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve

Payment Suite Support
internet e-mail : guallar AT us.ibm.com / jlguallar AT maduixa.net

http://www-4.ibm.com/software/webservers/commerce/payment

TEL (919) 254-1509
T/L 444-1509
FAX (919) 254 - 5585
IBM - RTP
e-commerce division
Phone: (919)-25-415-09
IBM TieLine: 444-1509

  • Autres Unix, autres moeurs, Diane M. Kurilecz, 05/02/2001
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Autres Unix, autres moeurs, Josep L. Guallar-Esteve, 05/03/2001