internetworkers - Re: Jobs, Job security, and how to prepare for InterNetWorkerization

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Jobs, Job security, and how to prepare for InterNetWorkerization
  • Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 18:30:14 -0400

Diana --

the process is relatively painless and takes just over two hours. please be prepared to provide us with a blood sample and most definitely a urine sample. also, we suggest not eating or drinking anything for the 24 hours preceeding the event. this aids with the dissemination of the pharmaceuticals that will be administered to you intravenously. i certainly hope you are not afraid of needles.

once you come to, you may or may not experience pain. it depends on how the food is at this flying saucer place. i would recommend trying to remain conscious for as much of the procedure as possible. others have complained of discomfort before, but they were relatively easy to silence (in their highly sedated state).

if you do beat the odds and survive without any noticeable defects, then you will most certainly emerge as a shining, radiant visage of what you once were. friends and family will exclaim "you look FABULOUS!" you will either be promoted or simply get a new, better job. animals will no longer feign death at your presence. and the stars will align to make your car warm up quicker in the morning.

next thing you know, you could wind up on the front page of a magazine or news-type publication for your outstanding outstandingness. surely you will be raking in the big bank at this point. however, market forces and ecomony gremlins might land you right back in the same boat you are in now.

whatever the outcome, it will be an experience. and you know what?

this big 'ol journey all begins with one brave step.

see you tomorrow.
dave m. ;)
http://www.ibiblio.org/matusiak