internetworkers - Virus hoaxes (was Re: internetworkers digest: February 27, 2001)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Mike Johnson <mike AT enoch.org>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Virus hoaxes (was Re: internetworkers digest: February 27, 2001)
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:13:11 -0500

Acipa Media Inc. [info AT ACIPAMEDIA.COM] wrote:
> Can someone tell me hte URL to the site that list virus hoaxes.
> I just got an alarmist email from a friend and I want to confirm it before
> I pass it on.

Here's the one I use:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/hoax.html

> Has anyone got "REAL" information on the "A Virtual Card" and the "A Flower
> For You", virus"?

Check the link above and you'll find:
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Flower.for.You.html
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Virtual.Card.for.You.html
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Virtual.Card.Hoax.html
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Virtual.Card.html
http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sarc.nsf/html/Virtual.Card.2.html

Mike
--
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried -- unknown