internetworkers - JOB: Linux sysadmin at ibiblio

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: <sils-jobs AT lambada.oit.unc.edu>, <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <trilug AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: ibiblio-graphers <sungroup AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: JOB: Linux sysadmin at ibiblio
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 13:44:48 -0500 (EST)

The inside story is that we now have 8 linux boxen and over 2 terabytes of
spinning disks ready to go as ibibilio.org We need the right person to
work with us as our sysadmin. TriLUGers note: This is a 100% Linux job.

Systems Programmer/Administrator II
Position #53597
Date: 02/5/01

Preferred Qualifications: This person will be responsible for the
operational support of the hardware, monitor the systems to determine
performance tuning and capacity requirements, install and tailor systems
and communications software to match the performance and operating
requirements of the environment, and provide planning input based on the
projected changes in the capacity, applications or distributed computing
needs of the user community.

An fanatic dedication to Open Source principles as well as experience with
management a variety Internet services under Linux is required.

Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely
related field and three years of progressive programming experience
including one year of systems programming experience. A degree directly
related to the technical nature of the functions supported by the system
may be substituted for one year of required experience.

NOTE: You must have an application on file with UNC-CH Human Resources to
be considered for this (and all UNC jobs). See
http://www.ais.unc.edu/hr/jobs/appforms.htm

Paul Jones
"Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!"
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/ at the Site Formerly Known As MetaLab.unc.edu
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071

  • JOB: Linux sysadmin at ibiblio, Paul Jones, 02/09/2001