internetworkers - RE: internetworkers digest: December 06, 2000

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Don Rua" <drua AT fullseven.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: internetworkers digest: December 06, 2000
  • Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 13:14:05 -0500

On the job hunting scene:

At FullSeven Technologies we recently hooked up with HotJobs.com, and are
very pleased to date. They promote that their advantage is the separation
of 'agency/recruiter' involvement from their main database.

As an employer, their help was very thorough, making sure the experience was
valuable. We posted our first job opening ten days ago, and received 15
applicants from the NC area. We hired one of the applicants this week, (Web
Designer).

It was easy to post, remove, and respond to the applicants, and I hope any
talent looking for work posts their resume's in the hotjobs database. Soon
we will be looking for an IT person who can handle any or all of service
delivery assurance, technical support, outsource and IT vendors, purchasing
decisions, monitoring capacities and making timely purchase reccomendations.

The fees paid to recruiters are outrageous, and I'll use hotjobs or other
low cost methods as much as possible.

Don Rua, FullSeven Technologies

  • RE: internetworkers digest: December 06, 2000, Don Rua, 12/07/2000