internetworkers - Amazon.com create new store directory based on recent voting snafu

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Amazon.com create new store directory based on recent voting snafu
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 09:15:17 -0500

** Amazon Shows Its Sense Of Humor
You can't escape it, the titanic tug of war over a score of votes
in Florida. Even Amazon.com Inc. can't resist a satirical jab. It
has introduced a new interface based on the disputed state ballot
that confused so many voters Nov. 7. The page is titled
"Amazon.com: Usability or Confusability?"
"Many of our customers have told us that Amazon.com's user
interface is easy to navigate, dependable, and dedicated to
ensuring prosperity. But we can do more," the page says.
"Inspired by the Palm Beach County, Florida, ballot form, we've
devised a totally new way for you to find and discover anything
you want to buy online."
The new design can be viewed at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/subst/home/all-stores-ballot.html.

  • Amazon.com create new store directory based on recent voting snafu, saundrakaerubel.com, 11/17/2000