internetworkers - Webmaster position open!!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Childers.Paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Webmaster position open!!
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 13:04:07 -0400

Hey all;

I've been lurking out here for a while, some of you already know me :-) and a
big hello to the others, hope to meet you all at some point when I can
actually
get to a gathering. The reason I am de-lurking is simple: I want to find
someone cool to come work here, because it's always in my best interest to
like
the folks I have to work with daily! I haven't succeeded in coercing any of my
friends (you know who you are!) to take the job, so I'm expanding the hunt to
other places where the cool and interesting may be milling about.

We have an opening in my group for a "junior" technical webmaster, to handle
special assignments and some general daily maintenance-type stuff. The "buzz
word list" for the job goes like this: UNIX, Apache &/or iPlanet/Netscape web
server, Perl, CGI, junior systems administration. You don't need to be an
expert in any of the above. A basic understanding of how web servers do their
thing, a teensy bit o' Perl and the ability to learn quickly will get you most
of the way. The job is not entry-level because some experience in IT is
required, but is not way far above. I used to have this job, so I can tell
you
for sure that advancement is possible, plus you will learn all sorts of stuff.
More or less, if it's at all web related and you're interested, there's
probably
a way for you to get into it at least a little bit here. XML, Java servlets,
Cold Fusion, etc.

This is the exact same position I posted about over on the Triangle webgrrls
list, so apologies to those who sub to both. If you're interested or have any
questions, please email me and we can go over more about it. If you're REALLY
interested, send me your resume (NOT in Word format, we don't do much
Micro$oft
here) and I'll pass it on to my supervisor immediately! This IS a direct hire
position, NOT a contractor thing, no recruiters involved.

Feel free to pass on to your cool friends and interesting but disgruntled
coworkers. ;-) I'm going to go try and post to the Internetworkers' website.

Going back to lurk mode now-

Paula Childers

Technical Webmaster, Applications Lead
Lockheed Martin Technical Services, on contract to the US EPA
79 T.W.Alexander Dr., 4501-2, RTP, NC 27709
919-541-0081 childers.paula AT epa.gov

  • Webmaster position open!!, Childers . Paula, 10/18/2000