internetworkers - Re: Dot-coms have a drug problem?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Dave Parker <davidp AT hesketh.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Dot-coms have a drug problem?
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2000 11:37:02 -0400

B wrote:

> We made the LA Times....
>
> http://www.latimes.com/news/state/updates/lat_techdrug001001.htm
>
> ... sort of ...
>
> [...]
> > In Wise County, N.C., home to tech hub Research
> > Triangle, the sheriff's office has seen the amount of
> > methamphetamine seized increase by more than
> > 6,000% between 1997 and 1999, while deputies have
> > confiscated 45% more cocaine.
> [...]

With implied apologies, of course, to Durham and Orange counties, where
the real users live and work.

Is Wise County like Lake Wobegon, MN--simply overlooked by the
surveyors? What I understand about Wise County, by the way, is that most
of the inhabitants there are descendants of Mormon pioneers who,
confused, headed east from Illinois instead of west, and the only vice
they have is chocolate.

- Dave
Dave Parker 919.834.2552 x17
Interface Designer davidp AT hesketh.com
hesketh.com/inc.

Join a team where quality and integrity come first
and a passion for the Web is a given, not an oddity.
hesketh.com is hiring: <http://www.hesketh.com/careers/>