internetworkers - Re: event idea

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "saundrakaerubel.com" <saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: event idea
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 16:59:18 -0700

Hi Everyone:

Out here in Silicon Valley Land, where there are over 6000 available men
(mostly programmers - I am sure) we have something called Table for 6. You
sign up and then meet with 5 others of male/females for dinner in the Bay.
Now with only 6 minutes to chat as outlined below, I would find it hard to
get to know one another. Do you have set questions for those 6 minutes? Is
there a certain number of people for each gathering? Is it held in a public
or private environment?

Saundra

At 09:26 PM 09/28/2000 +0000, you wrote:
>What do you guys think about a singles mixer? I had a conversation with
>some Aussies the other day and we were discussing dating rituals. One
>type of mixer that they said they did was pretty bold, so what if...
>
>You get a place and give everyone assigned seating. Everyone has 6
>minutes to chat. Then you switch tables. You do this until everyone has
>met everyone. At that point, you just turn it into a regular gathering.
>
>Some say that this is cheesy. But I personally like this idea. It
>throws a lot on the table and and forces people to give up a little more
>of themselves in a first impression.
>
>What do you guys think?
>
>Uzoma
>
>---
>Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
>http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
>You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as:
>saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com

Saundra Kae Rubel saundrakae AT saundrakaerubel.com
"I live in another dimension, but I have a summer home in reality"
http://www.saundrakaerubel.com , mother of www.zolahayes.com