internetworkers - Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "K. Jo Garner" <kelly AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Commercials to Net Appliances -- a Political Solution
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 14:52:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2000, Rachel Cox wrote:

->Frankly, I wish they'd stop
->grabbing people off the street and registering them like they're
->signing up for a free trial subscription to USA Today. If someone
->can't be bothered to register on their own, I doubt they'll bother
->finding out much about the issues, and if they won't do that, I
->don't *want* them [insert action here]

I'd like to add:

- this could sound like Mormonism /insert prostyletising [sp?] religion
here
- this could sound like an argument for parental licences (i.e. before you
could spawn)

I'd like to comment:

Boy, Rachel, you sure sound like one hell of a snobbish elitist. I mean,
I'm sure you know everything about every issue, mind. Of course, those
people who just moved here from other states or countries or counties or
cities and who have jobs that perhaps mean they don't see waking hours
i.e. business hours probably appreciate being "grabbed" to register.
I'm sure sorry we're messing up your government.

Cheers
Kelly Jo

--"To misrepresent yourself in a positive light is not ... a bad thing;
people think a lot of you - before they get to know you." - Lyle Lovett
kelly \@/ unc.edu | http://www.ibiblio.org/kelly/