internetworkers - *the orange room requests your presence*

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "David R. Matusiak" <matusiak AT hotmail.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: *the orange room requests your presence*
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:04:53 EDT

Greetings!

You are hereby cordially invited to the “Hurry, I’m about to be evicted” party which will be held at Chateau de Matusiak on Saturday, September 16, 2000. All recipients of this message are welcome; please bring only responsible, house-trained guests.

The Chateau is located atop the scenic entrance to downtown Chapel Hill. The official address is 900 E. Franklin Street, but one would actually access the house from Roosevelt Drive. Note attached Mapquest ™ picture (or check for the address directly at http://www.mapquest.com).

Also note that parking is a ridiculous inconvenience in this town and that there is (unfortunately) no legal parking on Roosevelt Drive. There is a giant parking lot a block down the hill (in front of Café Driade). With the help of some kindly volunteers, there could be shuttling between the two sites. Please make attempts to car-pool when and where possible. Also, I will be taking applications for sane, responsible, sober drivers.

For the early birds, there is a pot-luck-style dinner beginning around 5:00 p.m. Please RSVP as soon as possible if you plan on attending this part of the evening. That way, I will be able to arrange who is bringing what, how much, etc.

The night shall officially kick off around 7:00 p.m. There will be a mystery keg as well as ice and mixers on hand. Please bring your favorite potion for the evening and a desire to get down. It looks like the 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. timeslot will be reserved for cocktails and conversation.

After 9:00 p.m., I imagine things will heat up a bit as more folks arrive and “the spark that began the blaze” is ignited. From 11:00 p.m. on will be for the partygoers to determine. Most likely by that time I will have washed my hands of the whole affair and be calling the police.

Please RSVP whenever possible, so I may plan accordingly. “Crash space” will be doled out as necessary. This offer strictly prohibited by law.

"I still confide in you, almost everyday
Even tho you're not around.
How can that be in your solid state?
How can that be in your solid state?"
~~~Doug Martsch