internetworkers - Recommendations for HTML editors?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael S Czeiszperger <czei AT webperfcenter.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Recommendations for HTML editors?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 14:58:08 -0400

Does anyone have a recommendation for an HTML editor? It looks like
Symantec is dropping support for VisualPage, which I like a lot, so I'm
going to have to move to another tool sooner or later. I'd prefer
something that runs on Linux, but all I can find are text editors, and I
need something graphical. I realize you can edit HTML as text-- that's
how I program in Java, but I want to be a Java expert, not an HTML
expert.

So, its probably going to have to be a windows product, and I have
VMWare running and should be able to handle a Windows product, but would
prefer something on Linux. I've tried almost all of the Linux based
productivity suites like WordPerfect, and their HTML capabilities are
very limited.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Michael Czeiszperger
begin:vcard
n:Czeiszperger;Michael
tel;cell:919-696-7818
tel;fax:919-785-0562
tel;work:919-785-2998
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.webperfcenter.com
org:Web Performance Inc
adr:;;PO Box 14753	;Research Triangle Park;NC;27709-4753;
version:2.1
email;internet:czei AT webperfcenter.com
x-mozilla-cpt:;10816
fn:Michael Czeiszperger
end:vcard

  • Recommendations for HTML editors?, Michael S Czeiszperger, 08/25/2000