internetworkers - Re: Opera

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "tengu typed, not" <tengu AT unc.edu>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Opera
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:38:18 -0400 (EDT)

I have downloaded opera and used it (Mandrake 7.1).
It has poor javascript support, but that's a plus for me.
I hear the m$ version has more bells and whistles.
It crashes less often than Netscape, and has an 'images off' button.
I treat it as lynx with optional images.
I do not do much HTML design.
---
Opera on Linux? There's a fringe group.