internetworkers - Invitation to TriLUG's July Installfest (fwd)

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney <alchemist AT pobox.com>
  • To: Triangle Internet Workers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Invitation to TriLUG's July Installfest (fwd)
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 08:22:36 -0400 (EDT)

Internetworkers Gang -

The members of TriLUG (Triangle Linux Users Group) would like
to extend a warm invitation to the InternetWorkers Group for
our next Linux Installfest.

So what is an Installfest? Well, its a quarterly event were
we (TriLUG members) spend a saturday afternoon helping you
install and configure Linux and related Free and Open Source
Software on your hardware. The event is fun (free pizza!),
open to the public, and totally free (though we are a 501c3
educational nonprofit and we do appreciate any tax-deductible
donations!).

So if you are thinking about installing Linux on a machine
(perhaps as a dual-boot with Windows NT/2000?) or installing
some other Free Linux-related software (such as Apache) and
would like to get some help from our Linux Gurus, then this
event is for you! The basic info is:

What: A chance to get free help installing or upgrading
Linux and any related Free and/or Open Source
software on your hardware (all kinds of desktops,
laptops, and peripherials are welcome!)

Where: Gardner Hall room 209 on the main UNC-CH Campus

When: 11:30am -- 4:30pm (10am-5pm for volunteers)

and the full details, including a registration form and a map,
are available on our web site at:

http://www.trilug.org/if_schedule.html

If you have any questions concerning our Installfest, please
don't hesitate to contact Ed Hill at <pr AT trilug.org>.

-- Kevin "The Alchemist" Sonney --
-- http://www.darkcanvas.com/~alchemist --

  • Invitation to TriLUG's July Installfest (fwd), Kevin - The Alchemist - Sonney, 07/05/2000