internetworkers - May Gathering -- Artist's Escape -- May 4

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: inet-announce AT franklin.oit.unc.edu, InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: May Gathering -- Artist's Escape -- May 4
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:45:31 -0400

The May gathering of InterNetworkers will take place at the Artist's
Escape Gallery & Cafe in Chapel Hill. This is the same location as the
March gathering. They're giving us the back room again and the patio as
well.

What: InterNetWorkers May gathering
When: Thursday, May 4, 2000 - 7:00 p.m.
Where: Artist's Escape Cafe Wine Bar & Art Gallery
137 East Franklin Street, Chapel Hill
In the back of Bank of America (Nationsbank) Plaza
(919) 960-3717
Why: Outdoor seating!

The Artist's Escape turned out to be a great place for the March
event. The food was good, the space was hung with all sorts of
interesting artwork, and the atmosphere was conducive to good
conversation. And if the weather then was a mite chilly to be spending
much time outdoors, well, May should be very different. It'll be a lot
of fun.

Also, ya'll should hold the date for the afternoon Sunday, June 11.
We're planning a very special cookout and picnic for InterNetWorkers,
family and friends. Still sweating the details, we'll let you know
soon. And coming very soon: The InterNetWorkers Web Site!

Artist's Escape is on the walkway behind the Bank of America. Ample
parking available close by in the municipal lot or the parking garage
right next
door, both on Rosemary Street. Unfortunately ya gotta pay for parking
at the municipal lots. But it's easier for most people to get to from
Rosemary, just come up the steps next to the Ram movie theater.
Barrier-free entry from Franklin.

Please RSVP to me if you plan to come. And email me if you need
directions.

Tom Beckett

  • May Gathering -- Artist's Escape -- May 4, Thomas Beckett, 04/26/2000