internetworkers - Re: amazon patent?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: amazon patent?
  • Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 12:18:02 -0500

As a sometime intellectual property attorney, I have to agree that the
patent system in seriously broken. Between patents for business
practices and patents for gene sequences found in nature, the whole
thing has moved far afield from the core criteria of originality and
non-obviousness. It's caused an irrational rush of land-grabbing in
technology development and other fields. Ugh!

TaB