internetworkers - Re: venues

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Thomas <mdthomas AT mindspring.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: venues
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 00:16:44 -0500

<PLUG>
Skylight Exchange has a chess lecture at 7:15 p.m. every Wednesday night,
followed by an
open-mike night. I used to be a regular, but *sigh* now I'm usually on the
road
mid-week...

Skylight is one of those great little nooks that everyone should check out at
some time or
another. One could get quite an education by going there each day, sitting
down in one of
the booths, and reading through whatever random book is sitting on your table
for an
hour...
</PLUG>

"tengu typed, not" wrote:

> We could also take over the Skylight Exchange- a fine book/food
> establishment, frequented by some of Chapel Hill's more colorful homeless.
> Good cheap sandwiches and great literature has it. I snagged "How the
> Grinch Stole Christmas," "An Apology for Raymond Seabond," and "The Book
> of Kimono" in one swoop.
> Bet they wouldn't mandate whatever-carolinabrewery-does.
> tengu
> End of line.
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: mdthomas AT metalab.unc.edu

  • venues, tengu typed, not, 02/22/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: venues, Michael Thomas, 02/23/2000