internetworkers - RE: Reminder: The Lounge in Durham this Thursd ay

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Janine LeRose <jlerose AT blueshoe.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Reminder: The Lounge in Durham this Thursd ay
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:22:04 -0500

I'll be there.
Thanks,
Janine

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas A. Beckett [mailto:thomas AT tbeckett.com]
Sent: Monday, January 31, 2000 12:26 AM
To: InterNetWorkers
Subject: [internetworkers] Reminder: The Lounge in Durham this Thursday

The InterNetWorkers are getting together again this Thursday night
at
7:00 p.m. This month we are gathering in Durham at The Lounge, just off
of Ninth Street. The Lounge is one of Durham's hippest venues, known to
host live music, poetry slams and that groove thing that Uzi does.
It'll be hipper still when we converge there. It's a great bar. Tasty
(and cheap) Mexican food is available upstairs at the Cosmic Cantina,
not to mention several other notable eateries along Ninth Street.

The Lounge & Cosmic Cantina
1920 1/2 Perry St., Durham
(919) 286-1875

If you plan to come RSVP by reply to this email so we can give a
little
advance notice to the proprietors on how many heads to expect. Thanks!

To get to The Lounge from Raleigh or Chapel Hill, make your way to
the
Durham Expressway, and exit onto Swift Avenue. (If you're coming from
15-501 Bypass, turn left at the top of the ramp. If you're driving in
from the RTP direction, turn right.) Once you're on Swift, you'll come
to some tracks and then Main Street right away. Go straight through the
traffic light; you'll see Duke's East Campus on your right and
Wellspring Grocery on your left. Turn left onto Perry Street just past
the Wellspring. Drive a short block-and-a-half and you'll see The
Lounge on the right. Ample parking is available on Ninth Street and in
the general vicinity. Drive safely; we look forward to seeing you
there!

Apologies to those folks who get 2 of these messages. We're working
on
eliminating that!

Tom Beckett

---
You are currently subscribed to internetworkers as: jlerose AT blueshoe.com
$subst('Email.Unsub')

  • RE: Reminder: The Lounge in Durham this Thursd ay, Janine LeRose, 01/31/2000