internetworkers - Re: INW population, and list overlap

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steve Burnett <sburnett AT webslingerZ.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: INW population, and list overlap
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 14:49:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Thomas Beckett wrote:

> Y'all might be interested to know that we've got about 166 people on
> the [Inet-Announce] list and 73 on this list [InterNetWorkers]. Our
> population keeps growing slowly but surely.
>
> I think it would be a good thing to keep it growing, too. Please pass
> the word on to your cool net.friends and others who might get something
> out of our group. Registration instructions follow below.

a)
I added a link to the subscription form for internetworkers to my list of
RTP-area technical user groups at
http://www.webslingerz.com/sburnett/triangle/groups.html. If we had the
website up, I would have used that as a link, obviously.

b)
On a separate note, would it be possible to determine if all members of
internetworkers are also members of inet-announce, or to have all
messages to (the much lower traffic) -announce sent to the general list,
so that we don't have to send announcements of the next social gathering
to both lists? Any other suggestions for reducing or elimating duplicates
without cutting people off?
Given we've been seeing email for the recent upcoming gatherings (not the
dev group, I am speaking of the general group) two weeks ahead, a week
ahead, the day before, and the day of, it does get a little old deleting
duplicate announcements for the next gathering.

This is just a thought: all our mailboxes fill quite nicely without
duplicates :).
See everyone next Thursday at the Lounge!

regards,
Badger
--
onNow: Ars Nova, _Fear & Anxiety_
Steve Burnett Admin, webslingerZ sburnett AT webslingerz.com