internetworkers - RE: I-workers web site, anyone?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Thomas Beckett <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: InterNetWorkers <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: I-workers web site, anyone?
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2000 11:57:03 -0500

I am a little hesitant about getting too tightly defined too early in
the process. We have done well so far by being quite loose and
free-form. Granted, a website does require quite a bit more coherence
than a happy hour. But I would rather see a brainstorming session from
which a consensus set of core ideas could emerge than a "business
planning session". Perhaps I'm being overly semantic, but hey, we
define our world with words.

I'm for Michael's suggestion of following the "open source" model of
doing things. Run the big picture by consensus with individuals taking
lead responsibility for particular pieces.

I volunteer to write stuff.

WRT another suggestion, Mahir is so ten-minutes-ago. Let's come up
with our own sex symbol.

Tom