internetworkers - Next event?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Thomas A. Beckett" <thomas AT tbeckett.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Next event?
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 1999 01:32:37 -0500

Hey -

It's November already and high time we set up our next gathering. I'm
still trying to nudge things towards the 3rd Thursday of each month.
How does that sit with y'all? That would mean November 18 and December
16 to finish out the year.

As for location, there did seem to be a consensus of interest in 905
Brightleaf as a possible location. I checked it out tonight and it's
top-notch for food and atmosphere. A little pricey (cheeseburger for
$8.50) but otherwise a tantalizing menu. They have a nice lounge area
and a separate private dining room which can accomodate up to 42 heads.
And they seemed reluctant to run separate checks on that many people.
Do you think a group this amorphous could handle a fixed price per mouth
for food, perhaps an array of appetizers?

Uzi also suggested W.B. Yeats in Chapel Hill, which sounded good but
there was no feedback. If we could do Brightleaf in November would
Yeats be good for December?

I should note here that I won't actually be able to attend on November
18, for reasons I'll get to later. I hope that someone (ahem, Mike
Thomas) can take the lead and make sure things get coordinated with the
venue and the list.

Tom

  • Next event?, Thomas A. Beckett, 11/04/1999