internetworkers - Re: most massive internet concentration moves to DC

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Heather A. Hesketh" <heather AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "InterNetWorkers" <internetworkers AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: most massive internet concentration moves to DC
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 20:03:00 -0400

At 01:38 PM 10/14/1999 -0400, Steven Champeon wrote:

>Judging from some of the organizations I've encountered, they also have
>a fairly active VC community:
>
> http://www.netpreneur.org/
>
>They've been around since 1995 or earlier, IIRC, and they're similar in
>focus to the CED, but geared more towards Net-specific startups rather
>than biotech and the like.

CED focused on biotech because that's what was strong at the time in this
region, but for years now they've been turning the focus firsts towards
software companies and now towards the more generic IT company, which
includes hardware, software, and "Internet" companies. Their annual
software conference has even undergone an identity change. Instead of
Software '99 at the end of the month, it's IT 99:

http://www.cednc.org/infotech/99/

Netpreneur.org is a "sister" organization, I believe, as is the
entrepreneurial group in Atlanta. But in the fight for recognition, their
competitors of CED. Each groups mission is not just to stimulate
entrepreneurial growth, but to do so in their region.

Heather

--
Heather A. Hesketh ! hesketh.com/inc
Web consultant ! vox: 919.854.1570

  • Re: most massive internet concentration moves to DC, Heather A. Hesketh, 10/14/1999