internetworkers - [internetworkers] [Fwd: Re: [health plan] any group plans out there?]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: thomas at tbeckett.com (Thomas Beckett)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] [Fwd: Re: [health plan] any group plans out there?]
  • Date: Tue Feb 25 14:52:15 2003

In an interesting synchronicity, the health insurance question
came up on the SF-based NoEnd list today. One of the members
there posted some helpful info. With her permission, I am
passing it on below. As far as I can tell, Media Alliance is also
SF-based, but membership is not geographically limited. HTH

TaB

--------------

I get my insurance through the Media Alliance. In order to qualify
for their "professional status" which allows you to get in on the
insurance plan, you need to show 1040s or salary stubs or something
to indicate that you're actually a professional (i.e., paid) media
worker. Media Alliance is just also a great old-school media
activism organization with classes, workshops, job files, etc.

media alliance: http://www.media-alliance.org/

The guy who coordinates the benefits packages for Media Alliance is
Ed Elkin: http://www.edelkin.com/ There are a variety of HMO and
PPO options. Not the cheapest bargain around, but if you can't get
individual, it works for me.

:gabriella