internetworkers - [Fwd: Re: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls]

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: raustin3 at nc.rr.com (Roger Austin)
  • Subject: [Fwd: Re: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls]
  • Date: Fri Feb 14 12:04:48 2003

The tech left me with another splitter also. The difference was that
the cable modem plug was noted as -3.5dB and the other TV plugs were
-7dB. She said that the normal -7dB outlets would not give the proper
signal strength to the cable modem.

Mark Turner wrote:
>>I didn't understand since the RR service ran fine for a
>>while, then just died. It was working when she left. She left me with
>>another splitter that I am to use when I get a wire directly from the
>>main wire into the cable modem.

> The same thing happened to me one night. I moved my cable modem to a
> different room and everything seemed fine at first. Then it died.
>
> After the tech came out and replaced my splitter, I compared it to the
> new one he brought. The new one was rated to 1000 MHz.
>
> If you take a look at your cable modem's settings (this assumes you're
> using a Motorola Surfboard modem and are viewing it from home)...
> http://192.168.100.1/signaldata.html
>
> ...you'll see that the cable modem signal runs at 609 MHz, a frequency
> at which the signal quickly leaks out of older splitters and cable.

  • [Fwd: Re: [internetworkers] Blocking unwanted calls], Roger Austin, 02/14/2003