internetworkers - [internetworkers] pattern recognition

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: burnett at pobox.com (burnett AT pobox.com)
  • Subject: [internetworkers] pattern recognition
  • Date: Fri Feb 14 11:18:57 2003

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Thomas Beckett wrote:

> Has anyone read William Gibson's new book, /Pattern Recognition/?
> Good reviews, but I'm debating whether to wait for it to come out
> in paper.
>
> I haven't read any good fiction in ages.

Yes, read it earlier this week. It's set in the modern day. If you like
Gibson's more recent psych-oriented work such as _Idoru_ and _All
Tomorrow's Parties_, you'll probably like this. If you're looking for him
to write another _Neuromancer_ you're going to be disappointed.

http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/books/pattern.asp

Oh, and tying back into a previous thread, Gibson recently started a
weblog:

http://www.williamgibsonbooks.com/blog/blog.asp

The blog's a little boring currently as he's on a booksigning tour right
now and he admitted he was having trouble maintaining an active and
throughtful blog while traveling so much, but reading the first month or
so of entries gives some interesting comments on his admitted influences
and non-influences, writing Neuromancer, his thoughts about the Blade
Runner and Matrix films, writing in general, etc.

best,
Steve Burnett
--
Steve Burnett burnett AT pobox.com http://www.pobox.com/~burnett/
System Administration Technical Documentation Information Retrieval