ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: ibiblio migration tomorrow

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: John Reuning <john AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: ibiblio migration tomorrow
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 14:41:02 -0400

Short version:

What: www.ibiblio.org and all hosted domains will be offline during an
infrastructure migration
When: Tuesday, March 15, 9:00 am EST until whenever we finish (est. is
12-24 hours)

Long version:

We're still on track to migrate tomorrow. I'll spare everyone the
really long version. For the full set of details, please see the
hosts and services affected by the downtime.

* www.ibiblio.org
* ftp.ibiblio.org
* vhost.ibiblio.org
* All .net, .org, .com, .info, etc. domains hosted by ibiblio
* All mysql and postgresql databases used by the web applications
* Email not served directly by Google (i.e. non-ibiblio.org domains)
* login.ibiblio.org
* User home directories (i.e. /export/sunsite/users)

The test URLs are:

http://www-test.ibiblio.org/
http://[hosted domain here].test.ibiblio.org/

If you have questions or find problems when testing, please try the
webgroup email list of open a ticket at http://www.ibiblio.org/help/

Thanks,

-John R.

  • [ibiblio-announce] IMPORTANT: ibiblio migration tomorrow, John Reuning, 03/14/2011