ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] phishing attempts

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] phishing attempts
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:21:40 -0400 (EDT)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

Thanks to Phil Franks for bringing to our attention the following phishing attempt:

----
On October 22, 2009 server upgrade will take place. Due to this the system may be offline for approximately half an hour. The changes will concern security, reliability and performance of mail service and the system as a whole. For compatibility of your browsers and mail clients with upgraded server software you should run SSl certificates update procedure.

This procedure is quite simple. All you have to do is just to click the link provided, to save the patch file and then to run it from your computer location. That's all.
----

This message is just a reminder that we will never ask you to run anything on your local computer, or visit any web page asking you to verify your password... especially on some server in Russia. That is all!

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] phishing attempts, Don Sizemore, 10/19/2009