ibiblio-announce - [ibiblio-announce] network maintenance, May 5th 2008

ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: ibiblio services/changes announcement list

  • From: Don Sizemore <dls AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: ibiblio-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [ibiblio-announce] network maintenance, May 5th 2008
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 14:03:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi ibiblio-announce,

Cogent, ibiblio's commercial network providers, will be performing maintenance this coming Monday at 3:00 a.m. EST. If you reach our servers over Internet2 or NLR, you won't be affected. Otherwise, you may not be able to reach us for up to thirty minutes:

Start time (eastern): 05/05/08 at 03:00am
End time (eastern): 05/05/08 at 05:00am
Expected Outage/Downtime: possible 30 minutes downtime

Some Cogent customers receiving service in the Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC area will be affected by this maintenance. Only the Cogent Order ID(s) listed above will be impacted. The purpose of this work is to upgrade Cogent equipment supporting the Atlanta, GA and Charlotte, NC area.

During this maintenance window, you will experience one or more brief interruptions in service while we complete the maintenance activities; the interruptions are expected to last less than possible 30 minutes downtime total. However, due to the complexity of the work, your downtime may be longer.

We thank you for your patience during the upgrade, and for continuing to host your sites with ibiblio!

thank you, 919.962.5646 w
donald sizemore, ii 919.260.4915 c
ibiblio.org systems 919.962.8071 f

  • [ibiblio-announce] network maintenance, May 5th 2008, Don Sizemore, 05/01/2008